Friday, July 13, 2012

Hand-Lettering Like a Boss...ish

I have recently been working on my hand lettering skillz - and by recently, I mean the last three days. :) Anyways, I'm just exercising my current hand lettering skill set and hopefully expound them. Basically, I'm hopin' to become a professional, ya know? ;)

Here's the first one an "L".



You can most definitely see the imprint of an 'e' from the page before. :) There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to the letters chosen for these, I pretty much just chose ones that I thought would look cool with the style. And because I'm super lazy and never happen to have a ruler handy, these were all done freehand.

Which is only impressive with this "H", really.


And it's not as spectacular as it could be, but it's very 3D, yeah? It reminds me of the digital Tremont T's I worked on for the football team when I was in high school. :) Oh how technology has advanced! And oh how much easier it is now! I look back and can't believe how much time I spent doing things from scratch without using any Adobe products. Craziness.

This one is an "A" I worked on. Not my favorite by any stretch, but its still part of the collection.


It's also more sloppy than the others, probably because I lost interest and so it got significantly harder to focus on being neat. :P

This "B" is probably my favorite, or at least tied with the last one I have. It's soooo....futuristic Gothic, I think. Our family has an old school German Bible that's been handed down for generations and this letter is part that lettering mixed with swirls and decals. Loves. :))


It was originally supposed to just be white on the inside with some simple shading, but it would have looked better in color that way. Since I was only using a graphite pencil and the paper, I decided to give it a 3D-ish vibe.

This last one is a "K" inspired by a Polish (I think...it could be Hungarian) artist that writes poetry out in the most beautiful calligraphy. I'm completely fascinated and want to attempt colored versions with ink!


Got some lovely little smudges, too. Gives it character! ;) I absolutely adore this style concept.

Welp, I'm off for some snooze time. Probably...hopefully. :) Nighty night!

Aby

No comments:

Post a Comment