Monday, January 6, 2014

Snowpocalypse has Arrived

First, lemme just get this off my chest: WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON WITH THE WEATHER?! I mean, really, Illinois? You're gonna take a vacation and get Siberia to sub in for you?? That's just great. Fan-freaking-tastic. Negative temperatures, piles of snow and ridiculous wind are a greeeeat winter cocktail you've mixed up for us. 'Preciate it, you big jerk.

Okay, this isn't exactly what we're dealing with, but I forgot to take pictures in the daylight...
Considering it's January, I shouldn't be surprised that it's as cold as it is, I mean, it is winter, but the negative temperatures are a bit much. I'm especially grumpy because I have a funeral tomorrow for my brother-in-law's dad. I love my bro-in-law, but I don't think I'll actually be able to handle going to the graveyard. According to rumors, we won't be going to the grave site because of the cold and snow, so we'll see.

On the bright side, I got an adult snow day! Eeeeeeee!! It was kinda exciting. And what better to do on a cold snow day than to stay warm and do ART! Woo!

So exciting! Actually, I wasn't using tangible art supplies today. Hmm.
I've been practicing some digital art with Sketchbook Pro on my iPad and it's been a pretty fun time. The best discovery I've made so far is the nifty little button that allows you to draw symmetrically on both halves. IT'S LIFE-CHANGING! Do you know how many times I've wished for something so awesome?! It has made drawing faces soooo much easier!

My first doodle with it and - holy crap, she looks kinda Cher-y, yeah? Whatever, IT'S SYMMETRICAL!
So the parts of the day that I didn't spend doing some social media posts for work or cleaning I spent playing with my tablet. (It's the only place I can use and airbrush. ;) They expensive!) Apparently I'm going through a weird Pixie-eye phase.

See? Pixie eyes. And I hadn't discovered the Symmetricizer yet.
Seriously, I've been doing it everywhere. I had another awesome example, but for some reason the colors are wack on Blogger. Maybe some other time. But I have a thing for eyes. I think they're beautiful and fascinating.

Sketchbook Pro on my tablet seriously rocks my socks.
Eyes are great. I also finally got around to drawing Darth Maul for my cousin-in-law. (His favorite movie character of all time. He loves the baddies.) It's not the greatest and I still have to detail the rest of the eyes, but I'm pretty proud of what I've accomplished so far. I'm not adding it, because for some reason the colors when wack on it too! 

What the heck, Blogger?!! Throwin' off my groove, dude!

But yeah, methinks I had a pretty productive snow day.

For all those being tormented by Snowpocalypse, stay warm and be cozy! For everyone not suffering any of Snowpocalypse's numerous charms, may you be doused in icy cold water. :P

Hahahahaha...juuuust kidding!

Aby









No comments:

Post a Comment